Popchoir was started by Helen Hampton to give people somewhere to sing the kind of music they were joining in with on the radio. Helen says:
“I’ve been a professional singer all my life and people are always saying “How fantastic – I wish I could do that”. And they’re right! Singing is fantastic: It makes you feel good in so many ways. But since not everyone wants to be in the limelight, being part of a choir is a fabulous way to combine singing and performing without necessarily having the spotlight on you. It’s also wonderfully social, brilliantly stress-busting and loads of fun! In fact I can’t think of any reason not to do it!”
How Does It Work?
- First - Come and try it!!
So that you can see what happens at Popchoir you can come along and try out a rehearsal for free and without any obligation. You can do this at almost any time during the term.
- No audition and no need to read music.
That's right - you don't need any experience and it doesn't matter how 'rusty' you are!
- Weekly rehearsals
Our choirs rehearse once a week and our aim is to offer you an hour-and-a-half which is fun, inspiring, challenging and rewarding, and which leaves you feeling energised and confident.
- Relaxed and friendly
There’s no need to feel apprehensive about coming along even if you’re by yourself or if no-one except the dog has ever heard you sing before! We want everyone to have a great experience at Popchoir; the emphasis is definitely on enjoyment. So we’ll be encouraging everyone to get the most out of the rehearsals in every aspect, from the singing right through to making new friends.
Popchoir runs three terms per year with breaks to coincide with school holidays.
You can try us out at any point during a term.
Rehearsals are on a weekly basis (with a half term break) and there are plenty of opportunities for the choirs to perform at all kinds of events and occasions!
We currently have adult choirs in Dulwich, Clapham, Croydon, Chislehurst, Hampstead, Loughton, Muswell Hill, The City, The West End of London and Launceston in Cornwall. You are most welcome to come and try a rehearsal before signing up for the term – so you’ve got nothing to lose!
Membership to Popchoir is by subscription and we have 3 easy ways to join.
Click here for all the details
We’re looking forward to welcoming you into one of our choirs.
About Helen Hampton click here
Already a member?Member login
Join PopchoirFind a popchoir near you Book a free taster session Join now
0845 5190 890
020 8659 5464 EMAIL
- “Thank you for making Monday the best day of the week”
- “OMG! The flashmob was the best fun EVER! I've been on a high ever since!”
- “Thank you for my small Wednesday haven. It makes such a difference to my spirits.”
- “I'm clinging to Popchoir like a drowning man clings to wreckage. You have literally saved my soul”
- “Thank you, thank you, thank you, for giving us Popchoir. It has totally changed my life”
- “I have finally found something for me, and it's brilliant. Thank you so much”
- “Joining Popchoir is the best thing I've ever done. I never imagined I'd have the confidence to do all the performances that we have, but nothing will stop me now! Thank you, thank you.”
- “Thank you for making my Wednesday evenings so wonderful”
- “I left the first night on an incredible high believing at last that I could sing. 30 years of disbelief shattered in 1.5 hours.”
- “You're a phenomenon - you have the ability to make people feel they can achieve ANYTHING! ”
- “I feel that I'm part of something wonderful. I LOVE Popchoir. Thank you so much”